I have thoroughly enjoyed taking it easy these last two weeks since the Goofy. For the first week I recovered by walking a lot through the four different Disney parks.It was awesome.My entire family was there and it was a fun family vacation. Plus we got to hang out with our friends Kelly and Mitch as well.It was a sad day when we left Orlando and made our way back to cold, snowy Calgary. But now it is back to work with Coach Angie and I have my eye on the next prize.
I’m keeping things short(er) so I can try to get some of my old speed back! I also decided to sign up for a little online challenge. You know, because I like racing and all…Jill Conyers and Marathon Mom are hosting 13 in 2013. The concept is pretty simple, run 13 races in 2013. I opted to sign up for the mixed distance race series. Considering I was knocking out three races in one weekend at Disney I figured why not?
My racing plans for the year are so far:
- Calgary Roadrunners St. Patrick’s Day 10K (March 17th)
- Glencoe Icebreaker 10K (April 7th)
- BMO Vancouver Half Marathon (May 5th): I have had my eye on this race for years and I’m excited to finally run it! This is my big goal race for the spring. This won’t be a PR busting race, just more of a chance to see how much progress I make on this speed thing.
- Canmore Rocky Mountain Soap Company 10K Run (May 12th)
- Great White North Half Iron Triathlon (July 7th): this is the only tri I’m really planning on at the moment and my goal is to have a really strong race here!
- Kelowna Wine Country Half Marathon (September 5th): the inaugural race in Kelowna this year! I’m looking forward to this one.
Obviously that isn’t thirteen races yet, but these are the ones I’ve signed up for so far. I’m looking forward to mixing things up training wise a bit. I’m also excited for the endless possibilities in 2013!
Are you doing 13 races in 2013?